And Pitta Season!
Elements: composed of fire and water
Meaning: “that which digests things”
Qualities: oily, sharp, moving, liquid, penetrating, hot, light, and acidic
General tips to help pacify Pitta during the Summer season:
- Avoid stimulants and acidic foods; follow a pitta-pacifying diet.
- Include walks in nature, time for self-reflection and meditation as part of your daily routine.
- Keep the body & mind cool – avoid overheating.
- Exercise in a manner that is not too competitive or overexercise.
- Work on keeping your schedule within your healthy, natural limits.
Here’s a wonderful Pitta pacifying drink:
REJUVENATING MANGO DRINK
• 1 cup mango juice
• 1 tsp ghee
• pinch of cardamom
• pinch of saffron
Blend these ingredients together and enjoy!
This drink will bring energy and vitality to your entire being!