Photo: Ben Capano
Happy Summer Solstice!
4 c. fresh pesticide-free rose petals (preferably pink)
1 3/4 lbs. fructose
3/4 c. apple juice or filtered water
1/2 tbl. lemon juice or lime juice
1 tbl. rose water
In a large sauce pan arrange several layers of rose petals and fructose. Pour the water or apple juice over them then add lemon juice. Bring the liquid to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 min., stirring occasionally. Add the rose water and continue cooking until the mixture has thickened – about 5 min. Test for when done by placing a drop on a cold surface. If it forms a globule, it is ready.
Immerse resealable glass jam jars in boiling water for 5 min. to sterilize. Transfer the jam to the jars and store in a cool, dark place.
Eat, Taste, Heal. Hawaii: Five Element Press., 2006
photo by Ben Capano
General winter guidelines/routines:
- Include warm gentle oil massage in your morning routine.
- Use humidifiers in your home.
- Wear bright colors!
- Involve yourself in activities that bring you joy.
- Favor warm foods and drinks.
- Keep your neck & head warm.
- Exercise more (as always check with your doctor first).
- Meditate at least 20 – 30 minutes per day (start with increments & work your way up).
Want to learn more about which routines/guidelines that would work best for you? Please call or write for an Initial Consultation!
“Inside of us, there’s a continual Autumn, Our leaves fall and are blown out over the water.”
“It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and for others.”
~ Dalai Lama
“Self-discipline is self-caring.”
~M. Scott Peck